Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Chief electrical outlets?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Southwest Chief electrical outlets?

Wondering if any coach seats on the Southwest Chief have any power outlets on them?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
NEC Coach power outlets?

I'll piggyback on thread instead of starting a new one. How available are power outlets on the NEC Regional trains in coach?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Talking

KMART SHOPPER TO THE RESCUE!!! The southwest cheif has 2 poWer outlet in each coach carrage, usually won on each end of the carrage away of the fancy circle stairs in the middle. The LOUNGE has outlets just above the fancy circle stares that come up in the middle of the carrage on the second upper deck.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmart shopper
KMART SHOPPER TO THE RESCUE!!! The southwest cheif has 2 poWer outlet in each coach carrage, usually won on each end of the carrage away of the fancy circle stairs in the middle. The LOUNGE has outlets just above the fancy circle stares that come up in the middle of the carrage on the second upper deck.
Thanks for the info, kmart!
Old Oct 4, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kmart shopper
The southwest cheif has 2 poWer outlet in each coach carrage, usually won on each end of the carrage away of the fancy circle stairs in the middle.
There are a small number of Superliner coaches that have outlets at every seat. Don't hold your beath.

However, there are two lucky seat pairs in every Superliner coach that do have outlets. I want to say that they involve seats 15 and 47. Though I can't be sure, they're in those general vicinities. Whether you can access them may depend on which way the seats are turned.

Originally Posted by chrisw
How available are power outlets on the NEC Regional trains in coach?
Very! The vast majority of Amfleet-I coaches (and dinettes) are now retrofitted with outlets at every seat. You are guaranteed to have several cars on your train that are so equipped.

Last edited by GoAmtrak; Oct 4, 2005 at 7:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 5, 2005, 9:02 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
The last information that I saw, indicated that it was seats 19 & 55, that had power outlets. That came from someone who sat in seat #19 on the Coast Starlight and used the outlet. He didn't confirm that 55 had an outlet, but his report states that the attendant told him it was 55.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.